Friday, March 2, 2007

Bored

I never went swimming this week, although I had EVERY intention to. I wanted to go yesterday, but they had the pool closed due to the storms...even though it's in indoor pool. Whatever. Then I decided I would go today, but I ended up doing a total of 14 dogs ON MY OWN so I didn't get off work till 5:30. By the time I got off, Doug wanted to go out to eat, so I told him to go ahead with the Boys and I went for a run. I only ran 3.5 miles, but it was fast and it's just what I needed to get out the days frustrations. Doug met me at his mom's because that's where I ran to, and the Boys wanted to spend the night at her house, and Doug is playing poker there tonight with his college buds,(Like he does EVERY Friday night) so I drove his car home. When I walked in the door of the groom shop (In my house) there was water all over the floor, and I can't figure out where it's coming from. I took all the dirty towels from today and dried it up, then lifted weights, and then I took a shower. I decided to start a load of laundry so I went to get the towels and water was all over the floor again! It looks like it's coming from the tub, but I can't figure out why because there's no water running. So where the heck is it coming from??? My pet Pygmy goat..Zeke, sleeps in a crate in the Groom shop at night. Goats hate getting wet so when I was putting him up for the night he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at the floor, made his little goat sound and looked up at me with like "I don't think so" or something for trying to make him walk through it. It was so funny. I had to pick him up and carry him to his crate because there was no way he was getting his hooves wet on purpose. I called Doug and of course he doesn't believe me when I tell him there's a flood, so I guess when he gets home tonight, HE can walk into the mess and HE can clean it up this time, and possibly figure out where it's coming from. All this at 3:00 am! HA! I wish I had taken a picture to post on the blog. I have dried it up again, though. I'll check it once more before I go to bed and if it's back, I'll take one.

So tonight I am here alone, and I don't really know what to do. I have TiVo'd some movies I guess I could watch. That might be fun. I was in Tullahoma last Friday. That was fun. But tonight....I'm so bored. (Sigh)

2 comments:

IronGambit said...

I saw your post on Lancenotstrongs blog, I didn't know that goats are afraid to get wet. Have you ever heard of those goats that faint when they are scared?

Chad said...

OK - I'm really impressed. You are basically intermixing working out, dealing with a flood crisis, household chores, helping a goat through it's water phobia, and you're bored.

Wow - I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.