Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Treadmill

I skipped Speed Sessions Tuesday night because I didn't get off work till late, and by the time I took a shower and got dressed to go, it was too late due to traffic. I sat down and became part of the couch for about an hour and watched Discovery channel, and then some commercial came on about running. All of a sudden I felt the need to run. I mean, I was already dressed for it, and it was a running day....so off I went. I ran on my "treadmill" which is a 6 mile loop here in Brentwood. Start at my house then go to Franklin Road, then turn on Maryland Way then Granny white, then Murray Lane, then back onto Franklin Road. I have ran this route so many times I do it in my sleep. Also in this photo is my neighborhood 5k route. (The 10k surrounds the 5k) Anytime I am dreaming about running..it's usually in this area.

Yesterday Christy came and after work (around 11:30) we went to Percy Warner Park. This time I had her do the Red Trail. I'm evil. It's a 4.5 mile mixture of beauty and hell. We have been doing the White Trail, but I was thinking we needed more of a challenge so we went for it. Not a good time for Christy. I think she hates me now and I have a feeling she won't train with me again. (I'm sorry Christy...we'll wait a while before we do that one again.) I do the Red Trail every week in the spring and summer, but I forget how difficult it can be because I am used to it.

Hopefully today I'll make it to the pool. I went and bought new shampoo to get the green tint out of my hair yesterday, and I plan to use it after I swim this afternoon. I will be missing Sunday's workout because I am leaving tomorrow night for Florida and I won't be back till next Saturday. I'm going to miss you guys! (I guess I'll have to read an actual book in my spare time.) See ya!

Update: Not going to make it to the pool....again! But, I did use the shampoo and my hair is no longer green and it feels like silk. The shampoo completely stripped it and the conditioner re-moisturized it. It's a little flat..but the "straw" look and feel is gone. Woo-Hoo! It's called Malibu 2000 if you wanna try it. I got it at Beauty Express.

3 comments:

TriSonq said...

Yoo Hoo, Florida!

I'm always afraid I'll get lost on those trails. I heard they are great running routes and I see lots of peeps on them when I am biking Warner.

Have fun in FL!

Allez said...

I'll be heading to FL about the same time as you!

TriShannon said...

Have fun in Florida!!