Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Excuse To Drink Beer Day!!!

Mile 11 at the Tom King Half

I did a new P.R.! 2:03:11..Woo hoo! I was shooting for a 2:10 because I never do all that great on this one. Jessika ran it with me, and I even ran with Michele some! It was awesome to finally meet her..and I felt like I had known her forever. VERY nice person! Jessika and I drank beer as we ran because a bunch of the water stops served it (Being St.Patrick's Day and all) That was fun. Click on Race Reports and I'll give you a full scoop and more photos of the race.

After the race I went to the hospital to visit my mom and she was being discharged. She was doing MUCH better so now I can leave for Florida tonight and not worry as much.

We are leaving around midnight and will be back next Saturday. I am going to try and get some good runs in while I'm there, but my legs are already getting tight from today's race, so we'll see how it goes.

Later!!!!

5 comments:

TriShannon said...

Conrats on the PR, and while drinking beer... impressive!! Have fun in Florida!

Michele said...

It was so fun meeting you today. Thanks for letting me hang out with y'all after the race.
Hope we can get some training rides/runs in together soon.
Have a great trip!!

TriSonq said...

OK, you may not have seen me, but you aren't going to believe this. I may have seen you. I was running beside you guys when you were drinking the beer.

It was you and another girl. I saw the Coors Light logo on the side and thought, "WTF?!?"

And then some other girl pointed out a dumpster for you guys to throw the can into.

You gals are hard core!

Have fun in Florida!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congrats on the PR!! A PR while drinking beer - too funny! Too bad I couldn't be there...hopefully we'll get to meet up soon.

Glad you're mother is doing better. Have fun on your trip!

Phil said...

Congratulations on a great time. I'd never thought about guzzling beer as performance drink. Perhaps I should try it on my next half-marathon :)