Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Speed Sessions Week..Uh...I can't remember.

I think week 7, but I could be wrong. I do know it was super extra hard this week, though. I haven' t been for 2 weeks because of rain, and a school program my son was in, so tonight I went and it kicked my butt in a hurry. Coach Mark based my work-out on my 22:59 minute 5k I did two weeks ago. (I knew I would regret that time) We did a tempo run, and we all had to run a total of 40 minutes with no rest breaks. My personal work-out was 2:00 minute laps. I ended up doing 5.1 miles in all over 39:23 minutes. (I stopped there because I was back at my starting point on the track. ) But, I had to stop and take a 2:00 minute rest break after the Garmin beeped the 5k point. It just messed with me when I heard it so I started walking. My 5k time tonight was around 23:40, which is fine with me considering I knew I still had another 16 or so minutes left to run. And considering that my 5k goal FOR THE YEAR was only 24:30, I am kicking butt. However, I have yet to post a time like that on the road, and I will get my chance this weekend at the Irish Day 5k. If I post a 24:30 there...I will be THRILLED!

On my way home I was CRAVING a beer, and even though I said just a post ago that I am cutting back, I stopped at the gas station to get a Mich Ultra. They were out. BOOOOOO. I guess that's good because I would have totally drank it and LOVED every drop. Something about beer after a run is hard to resist. I have found that I really like Mich Ultra. I usually go for a calorie packed brew and end up feeling kinda sick, but Mich Ultra doesn't do that. It taste really good, I stated drinking it only recently because a good friend of mine in Tullahoma drinks it. Good stuff. I have eaten healthy all day today and yesterday so I haven't caved much on that. (Pat on the back). My "digestities"(as my youngest son calls them) are ticked off at the moment, but my healthy food friends assure me this is a "passing phase". ha..haha...hahaha.. (Sorry)

4 comments:

Chad said...

Beer replaces the carbohydrates right? Actually there are a lot of running gurus who swear by beer after runs.

Congrats on another good workout. You are definitely moving fast!

TriSonq said...

Speed work? What's that? Oh, so that's why I'm so ass-slow!

Great times on the run. What group are you training with?

Keep it up, Laurie!

Laurie said...

I'm training with the Fleet Feet group. They have the Summer sessions that will start in June, which I did last year and I LOVED it. My times have gone WAY down since I started doing them. Call them and they will set you up. They Kick ass!

TriShannon said...

My digesties are not happy with me either. My unhealthy eating friends tell me to stop eating all those fruits and vegetables. Glad to hear you healthy friends say it is a passing phase. :)

Great workout - you are speedy!!