Sunday, March 25, 2007

Florida Pics (Click to enlarge)



The BeachThe Condo..We're on the 18th floor.

A photo Bailey took of a shovel

Bailey and Connor (They were fighting just 5 seconds before this was taken..then went right back to fighting after I snapped it)



This is Bill the Beach Dude. "Hi Bill!" I met him back in 2001 when he was just a 19 year old baby. (He's 26 now) I cut my thumb and he bandaged it for me. Awwww. We've been buds ever since. I go to the condo 3 times a year and I can always count on seeing Bill. So girls..if your ever in Destin and stay at Hidden Dunes, ask for Bill. He's a cutie and he's single.

We had fun on the trip, but for me it was one thing after another breaking down. That Half marathon was hard on me I guess. I tend to grind my teeth when I run so the area where I have had a root canal TWICE hurt so much I couldn't eat and my whole head throbbed in pain for most of the week. I took a TON of advil and soma. Then after that cleared up I got hit with the worst case of vertigo I have ever experienced in my life. I've always had issues with it since I got hit by a car back in 1995. I got thrown 40 feet and landed in a ditch on my head. I had neck injuries and other various things, but the vertigo started shortly after that. The last time it hit me hard was 3 years ago and they gave me a bunch of steroid shots in my jaw and neck and it went away. (not totally, but I could walk in a straight line and not be sick).

I woke up Friday morning and got out of bed, the room was spinning like a Merry-Go-Round, and I hit a wall and hit the floor. I don't know why it decided to come back, but DANG! I literally could not lift my head and inch off the pillow without throwing up. And even when I was laying bedsore still, I had the bed spins workin'. Imagine spinning in circles 50 times then trying to walk. It was like that. Then to add to all the fun.... I got a migrane. I loaded up on Somas and Advil again, and slept ALL DAY! I took more every four hours, and slept. It was the fastest day of my life, and a completely wasted day at the beach.

Saturday morning I refused to give in to it and Doug wanted to play golf so I bit the bullet and went down to the beach. It wasn't as bad as Friday, but it was still pretty bad. I figured I could be dizzy on the beach as well as I could be in the condo, and the kids were going crazy. We got down there at 9:00 am and didn't get back up till almost 1:00. I wore Spf 50 and still got burned! Oh well. The sand made it extra hard to walk and when I would look out at the horizon, I had to keep my head totally straight because if I moved my eyes around, the horizon would go vertical and I would get all wobbly. (I am sure people just thought I was drunk. The only beer I had last week was on Tuesday for my birthday. I'm 34!!)


I managed to get a few runs in, and I took my Trek this time and rode the heck out of it. It was really cool to bike at the beach and see the sights I normally wouldn't bother with in a car. My Trek is a beast of a bike,...Big...heavy... but I can ride the thing all day in perfect harmony. I didn't take my Gunnar (road bike) because I didn't want to clip in and out of those pedals with all the traffic and college kids and endless stopping. The Trek was much better suited for the beach.





We got back yesterday afternoon, and while I was gone I had my shop repainted, so everything was in my kitchen and my house smelled like a dog. It was a disaster Zone! I nearly had a stoke when I walked into my house. And to top it off I had not gone to bed the night before due to insomnia. I think that was from all the Soma I had been on all week and then I didn't take any Saturday night, so by the time I went to bed last night, I had been up 39 hours! I just said "screw it...I'll deal with it in the morning." And this morning at 7:00 we put all that junk BACK into my beautiful new groom shop to get it out of the kitchen. Tomorrow we are going to de-clutter the shop. I had no idea that much crap was even in there. Where did it come from??

I STILL went to my last Swim class though. I swam about 800 yards total, and was timed on 250 of them. (I'm not EVEN gonna say what the time was. So very sad. Ha!) Then the swim class went to eat Mexican. I posted a pic of me and Doug at he Mexican place at the top. I thought I would be dead, but I actually had more energy last night after swimming than I did earlier in the day.

I am glad Spring Broke is over. ( I have no money left in my "Fun Fund"...it was worth it though. I had fun in spite of my ailments. ) I'm going back again in July or August so I better start saving my pennies now!

2 comments:

Chad said...

Love the pictures - looks like a great week!

Allez said...

Cute kids and cute swim suit :-)