Monday, March 12, 2007

My ADHD life!


Today was one of those days where I was constantly reminded of things I told people I would help them do, or go to, etc. I had dogs show up all day I had forgotten to write in my book...then Valerie called to remind me about the cook-out. "What cook-out?? I said..."oh, you know...the cook-out at the farm where you are supposed to show everyone how to paint the memorial rocks. I told you last week about it." Valerie said. "What??? uh...ok. I guess I'll be there. What time?" I say..

Then a few hours later Connor gets off the bus without Bailey. (I was literally about to leave for the cook-out. The kids were coming with me ) Connor then tells me Bailey had Cinderella auditions and I would have to pick him up at school when he calls. What?? First of all Bailey has NEVER liked being on stage. Secondly, I never knew about these auditions. I have mentioned in a previous posts that I am ALWAYS the last to know, and I'm starting to think I DO hear about things, but they just go right through my head and don't stick . Apparently, I need some meds for ADHD. I ended up getting my mother-in-law to pick up Bailey. Connor is just as bad about it. Above is a potato leprechaun he told me about on the way to the cook-out. It was due tomorrow. We got home at 8:15 and made it, but I had to scramble and find a potato first. We didn't have any. STRESS!!!

Update on Sunday's Swim lessons:....Hard. And I almost missed them. We set the clocks in our room forward, but didn't in the rest of the house...so all day we were an hour behind. We (Me, Doug, Bailey, and Connor) started the day at waffle house, and couldn't figure out what all the church people were doing there so early, then we went to Target and it was packed. Then we came home and got Willow and Zeke and spent all day at the park. We were still an hour behind because we had not set the car clocks forward either. So then we went to Chili Burrito and got some take-out, and I got home and had just sat down to take a bite of my fish taco when the phone rang. It was Val asking me if i was at the rec center yet. It looked up at the microwave clock and it was only 3:20. Why would I be there? Class isn't till 4:30. Then it hit me. OMG....IT'S 4:20!!!!! I immediately hung up on Val without any explanation and made a mad dash around the house trying to get ready, then flew to the rec center. Somehow I actually got there in time.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Wow - sounds like your scrambling this week.

The good news is the potato came out looking really good - I like it!!!