Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Latest....

So Tuesday night I did the speed sessions, which I mentioned in the previous post. Then on Wednesday, I went to the gym and swam the same work-out we did Sunday night at swimming lessons....only mysteriously those lasted over an hour and Wednesday's work-out only lasted 30 minutes. Hmmmmm. Maybe it was because I did the whole thing start to finish without listening to instruction between laps, or maybe I just skipped a bunch of stuff. I don't know. I haven't lifted weights all week like a lazy bum, and there is NO excuse because I have weights here at the house. I just couldn't get motivated to do it. Oh well. Then today, Jessika and I met at Percy Warner to do the 5.8 loop. I cheated the entire time by cutting through the woods here and there to get back in front of her because SHE WAS KILLING ME ! She has become so strong and I would get so far behind I would just cut through and meet her and she'd be like "What the hell?" ....but so what? I wasn't trying to prove anything today other than I'm a wimp. We did it in 55:00 minutes. I cut through a trail at the very end which knocks off almost a half mile, and she STILL met me at the end at the same time. Weird. Maybe SHE cheated, too??

I am bummed because two of the runs I have planned for the next couple of weeks are not going to happen for me. The St. Patricks Day 5k in Manchester is this Saturday, but everyone is bailing out because of family coming into town or whatever. Then the dreaded Tom King Half is next Saturday but I am going to have to back out because we are leaving Friday night for Destin, Florida. Doug likes to drug us all and drive all night and get there early Saturday morning so He can go play golf all day. So basically, he'll be up for 2 days straight. Who does that? This is the reason he drug's me. I am a FREAK when he drives. He scares me to death so he knows if I'm asleep I can't bitch. When we get there, me and the kids will hang on the beach all day while Doug golfs, then he'll fall into bed around 6 pm and I won't see him again till Sunday night because he'll get up before we do and play golf AGAIN. We go to the beach 2 or 3 times a year and this is ALWAYS the routine. He golfs, I babysit. One year we went without the kids (They were in school already. It was right before Hurricane Ivan..we had to leave a day early) and that was fun because I stayed drunk on the beach all day with the locals having pre-hurricane parties while he played golf. Can't do that with the kids, though. This year I hope to take the bikes so me and the kids can all ride around some during the day. That would be fun. And another good thing is they are old enough to play basketball with the other kids now, and I don't have to stand there in one place watching. I can just say "Go play Basketball". What I would really love is to be friends with a group of girls that like to take "GirlTrips". I mean we all PLAN to do stuff all of the time, but it never happens. I want it to actually happen for a change. A GirlTrip is just what I need. I don't even really know what we would do when we got there,(Maybe run a 5k? Gotta have an excuse to go..right?) but I still think it would be fun.

3 comments:

jp said...

must be nice to be able to just pack up and leave to go on vacation. u can go running on the beach. put braids in your hair and you will look like bo derek in 10.

Laurie said...

I will definitely be running while I am there, but not on the beach. Too hard. I fell into this big whole someone dug the night before right in front of a group of lifeguards the last time I ran on the beach. Cute.

Michele said...

girls trips are hard to plan. My husband goes on one or two golf trips EVERY year, but I have only had 2 girls trips (with a third coming up soon). The men can just leave but we are stuck with planning who will pick kids up and babysit. Sometimes it is just too much trouble.
Have a great trip to the beach.