Saturday, March 10, 2007

Christy


This is my friend Christy. I met her when I was filling in at a kennel called "The Farm". She works there as their bather but she decided she wanted to learn to groom so I am teaching her. She comes to my place twice a week and brings a dog to do or does one of mine if I have enough booked. Her husband woke up up one morning about 6 weeks ago and decided he was tired of being married. (When they got married she was 19 and he was 18 and they were still in high school!! They are 23 and 24 now, and they have a 2 year old son.) So, instead of getting crazy- upset and going nuts, she is going to have a sweeter revenge. She asked me to train her. The first thing I did was put her on the "Body for Life" program AND the "Couch to 5k" program, and she has signed up to run her first 5k on May 5th which will be the Cinco de Mayo 5k. She has also signed up to volunteer at a water booth for the Country Music Marathon which is held the weekend before the 5k. I told her this would be a great opportunity to see all the different types of people who actually run, and it would just be fun and a chance to get out of the house and do something totally different. I hope it will be inspiring. She hasn't needed too much inspiration though, because she has been on the ball and in 6 weeks she has already lost 25l bs on the scale. (Who knows how much body fat is gone.) She gets a little discouraged about the scale not moving faster, but she is lifting weights so it won't move as fast as she thinks it should. However.... I think 25 lbs is a lot of weight to lose in that short amount of time, and she eats 6 times a day so I know it's not due to starvation.

Last night we went out shopping to try on girl clothes, (she always dresses like a guy) and we did make-up (she has NEVER worn make-up before...she looked totally different and she really liked it.). Then we went to Jonathan's (a bar) and had a couple of drinks. While we were there we met these men who where in town and one of them was the producer for "Trading Spaces". It was cool to hear all the ins and outs of that show. And Christy got hit on by a few guys and that got her ego pumped.... someone even bought her a drink. (No one bought me one.) We got home around 12:00 and snapped the photo above with photo booth to forever be preserved on my blog.

5 comments:

Chad said...

25 pounds in 6 weeks is great. You must be a world class trainer.

Regarding the bar - all I want to know is did you take Zeke with you?

Laurie said...

No..I had to leave him at home, but I totally would have if I could have gotten away with it. Maybe someone would have bought ME a drink, too!

jp said...

hook a brother up. she looks hot in that picture. u will turn her into a goddess.

TriSonq said...

Way to inspire and motivate Laurie!

Best revenge (not that I am condoning being vengeful) is to lead a better life! Sounds like she's doing that by becoming a hottie!

Love the Jonathan's pizza. My kryptonite!

Are you running Tom King?

Laurie said...

I wanted to do Tom King...(ok..not really...but I signed up. HA), and now it turns out that we are leaving Friday night to go to Florida. BUMMER. :) So it looks like I will miss it this year.