Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Spring Fever=13 miles

I was supposed to go to the gym today to lift and swim, but it was such a beautiful day..there was no way I was gonna do that. So instead I ran 13 miles. I have been stressing over the fact that I have the Tom King half -marathon coming up in a few weeks and I had not done any major mileage so I decided to just go for it today. I am now covered with that nice salty frosting we all love, and I have a pounding headache, but other than that I feel great. I am not sure how long it took, because my Garmin wasn't charged so I didn't have anything to time me, but I'm guessing maybe 2:15. I didn't run it fast because it's the first long run I've done in over a month. It was actually kinda nice just to go the pace I felt like going instead of racing a timer. The sun was out, the wind was blowing, and it was just a PERFECT day to run. The first 6 miles was really easy and I know I did them in under an hour, but the last 7 wasn't as kind. It still wasn't horrible, though. I had to walk some, and that's fine with me because the way I see it if there had been water stops I would have walked through them... so what's the difference? Ok..Shower time. I HAVE to wash this salt off and get some Advil in my system before my head explodes. I need to stretch this time, too. I can already feel my legs getting tight.

Update: Ok now I feel like total frickin' crap. What kinda idiot goes and runs 13 miles without training? The most I have done in a WHILE is 10, and that was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Hello??? I've managed to eat everything we have in the house, and later I am going to be scouring the streets for some pills. (Ha) I'll be fine tomorrow (I hope?) but right now I am suffering! Note to self.....Please don't do that AGAIN!

1 comment:

TriSonq said...

Wow, another Middle Tennessean! We're getting quite a group here (OK, not really. I've only seen you and another person).

Why worry about Tom King 1/2? You ran 13 hilly miles. TK is soooo flat!

BTW, cute family!