Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lastest work-outs

I guess I need to update my work-outs since I haven't done so in the past few days. Sunday I ran with Jessika and Kelli. I was really tired and my feet and hip were hurting so it wasn't a good run. Since Jessika is training to do the Full marathon this year, she needed to do 14 miles, so I went with her for 8 or 9 of them. I lost count and my Garmin wasn't charged so I am not sure exactly how far, but too far for me that day in my opinion. Kelli went 5 miles due to time limits while her kids played with my kids. I would have been more than happy to call it quits with her but I went another 3or 4 with Jessika. By the time we came back to the house again, the Garmin was charged enough for her to take it and finish her run.

Then Monday I went to the gym and lifted, and after that I swam. I have to say my swimming has improved a ton over the past couple of weeks. I had one really BAD day, and after that it's been good. I swam more laps than I have been...ever, and it's starting to feel natural instead of that drowning motion I have been doing.

I am supposed to go to speed sessions tonight, and I really want to take Bailey with me, but it looks like it will be raining so I am not sure we'll go. I don't mind being cold, and I don't mind being wet, but I can't deal with both at the same time. Hopefully it will stop long enough to sneak in a run. Bailey wants to try and do a 5k in the next few months so I promised him I would help him train. He'll probably whip my butt when he runs it!

i would love to spin tonight but my right shoe refuses to clip into the pedal. I need to take it to the bike store but I am not sure if it's the pedal or the shoe and to take the bike I would need to get the bike rack out of the attic. I'm feeling lazy though. I guess I could just take the pedals off and putt them on the bike there to see what the deal is. Hmmmm...I'll call them and see what they think.

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job on the run! You should come over to triathlete swim class that Michele and I taking - we've been enjoying it...although I can't keep up very well!

I got a little behind on your blog - but I love the story about the trainer!!haha - that is too funny that you had one all along! Are you going to come down and do the Mach Tenn Tri this summer?