Sunday, February 25, 2007

Had a "Ball"

Me and JessikaWelby, Jessika, Emmit, and Me



Yesterday..after my 3.5 hour coma, I was cleaning out Zeke's crate (My goat) and the phone rang. This was around 5:15pm. It was Jessika and she said she had an extra ticket to a formal event and she wanted me to go and be at her house by 6:00. I laughed and said NO WAY because if you could have seen me, you'd understand. When I went and told Doug about it, he questioned why I wouldn't go, so that made me question it too. I hardly ever go to any dress up events, so I said WHY NOT and I tossed up my hair, threw on a dress, put some make-up on, and headed out the door in less than 20 minutes. Now my make-up only consisted of some mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.... and this is painfully obvious in the photos, but whatcha gonna do? It was a record for me to get ready to go anywhere, and that's all the time I had by the time I made my mind up to go. Standing next to Jessika, I probably looked like a troll. (Oh well...Who cares? ANYONE who stands next to her looks like a troll. HA!) Luckily, I had washed my hair that morning because it smelled like smoke from the night before. ( I went to Tullahoma..lots of smokers down there..hehe) I really didn't have time to fix it though, so it had the "I meant to make it messy" look working.

My "date" for the night was Jessika's room-mate, Welby. I have met her numerous times but we had never really hung out. She was a lot of fun. We didn't get to sit with Emmit or Jessika, but we sat with a really fun group of people who were already pretty lit which made it even better. This one guy in particular, Cameron, had me laughing so hard I think I even snorted during one of the speeches. (Who brought me??) I LOVE comical people, but they tend to get me into trouble. Hey... I wasn't the only one amused by his antics, and the whole table was pretty rowdy so I don't think anyone noticed the tears of laughter running down my face. I think anytime you are really supposed to be prim and proper, (like at weddings or church or any dress up event) and something is funny, it makes it even worse. At least for me.

There was a Silent Auction going on, too. I wanted the cabin getaway and bid on it, but this woman out-bid me, then she hovered around the table until the time ran out, and I couldn't go back and re-bid. Welby bid on some acid peels and Botox, and she won hers. She told me I could do the Botox. Woo-Hoo! I need it on my forehead. After the auction, we left because we were both getting tired. (How could that be after the nap I had earlier?? ) Jessika and Emmit drove separately which is good because they usually don't come home till the sun comes up. It was fun and I am glad I got to go. I would have missed out.

No comments: