Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jessika spanks me in the Preds 5k


Here's Jessika...Laughing at me...Taunting me!

Yup!! I am a little P.O.'d. Not at her! Just my inability to stay strong in a race. Here's the story...

I have been doing everything I thought I was supposed to do to get ready for this Preds run which was held yesterday. I hit a P.R. (25:36)last week while doing a speed session,so I wanted to at least beat it and try for a 25:30. I ran Sunday and I did speed sessions on Tuesday, but that's all the running I did all week because I tend to do better on races if I taper a little. I know that sounds silly for a 5 k, but it usually works for me. I tried to eat right all week..... with the exception of the 600 cookies I think I ate. I went to the gym and swam and lifted on Thursday. Meanwhile, Jessika ran endless miles because she is training for the marathon. (Full) She ate whatever, and went out every night.

Yesterday morning she showed up for the Preds run and wasn't even sure she wanted to run it! She didn't even think she wanted to get a chip because she didn't care about her time...she just wanted to finish. All I can say is "WHATEVER!" We ran together for about the first mile, then she took off and was GONE! I couldn't keep up with her no matter what. I don't know where it came from! She has never been competitive like that when we run. It was crazy. I would totally expect that from Melissa (Who didn't show for this one.BOOOO), but Jessika has never acted like she even cared. My chip time...25:52. Jessika's chip time...25:08!!!OMG!!!

So..It just makes me question...Does training even matter?. I am so happy for her as far as her time, and she is extra excited because it lit a fire for her next race because now she has a time to beat. But, it sucks for me because that's a big gap I have to try a close next time we race. It seemed so effortless for her, and I thought I was gonna puke!

No comments: