Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stress

Here's the latest...On Wednesday I was supposed to go to the gym and lift, but I didn't get off work till time for the kids to get home from school, so we went to the pool instead. I swam for a half hour but I tried to swim the whole time. On Sunday night I am starting a Triathlon swimming class that I am REALLY looking forward to. It's at the Williamson County Rec center and I think it will help me. Mary Thom, Jessika, and Valerie are going to do it as well.

On Thursday I ran the 5.8 loop at Percy Warner Park. It wasn't a good run because I could barely lift my feet from the ground. My leg muscles really hurt in the pool the day before from running the 5k on the track, and I think I was tired on Thursday because of the swim on Wednesday.

On Friday I ran another 6 miles with Kelli, and this time it was much easier. We set out to just do 4, but we decided to keep going and it felt fine. Well, up until the last mile, then I started slacking. I haven't lifted weights since Monday so I hope to do that at some point today. The Boys had basketball games today, and apparently they were supposed to go to Baseball evals today as well but I didn't find that out till I was at the game. The last email I got said they were tomorrow afternoon, but I guess they changed them because they thought it would get rained out. It's pouring down rain today, though!! Bailey has already missed his, but Connor can still go to his after his game. Unfortunately Bailey needed to go to his because his age group starts pitching this year, (instead of machine pitching) and he's a catcher so they needed to see what he could do as far as catching. Maybe they'll have a make-up day. I would like to think I am not the ONLY parent who didn't get the memo, but that would be typical Laurie fashion to be the last to know.(Sigh). It's just one more thing to add to my list of reasons I have been voted the "Crappy, Disorganized Mother of the Year Award". I wish that once...just once, I could be the hero and know what the hell I am doing as a parent.

Update: Connor went to his evals and Doug saw a previous coach there and he told him there would be a make-up day because apparently I am NOT the only one who didn't know about today. When I checked the email, it had been sent early this morning, but I didn't check it till later. Oh well. It was a good day for a nap anyway. Me and Bailey decided to take one and I slept 3 .5 HOURS!! (I guess I was tired. )We'll call this my "Rest Day".

2 comments:

Michele said...

You are going to LOVE the swim class. But I didn't know they had it on Sunday nights. Does Ashley teach that one too??

Chad said...

I'm looking for a swim class in Phoenix, my swimming stinks and I need to do better to get going in my tri's.

Sounds like a great week from a mileage standpoint. Those PR's take a lot out of you, I thinks it's just important to get back out there after you get one to keep the endurance up.

Thanks for stopping by - you've got a great blog!