Monday, February 26, 2007

Help me out of this hole!

I'm not sure what's up with me lately, but I have done nothing but sleep for the past 3 days! I went swimming last night, but I slept most of the day yesterday, I slept all day Saturday, and today was a repeat. I think I may be dealing with a bit of depression for reasons I won't explain, but this sleeping crap has gotta stop. There's NO WAY I could be tired enough to sleep for days. I go to bed at night around 12:00, and get up at 7:00. That's decent.

Today I had one dog, and I went back to bed. My friend Christy called and forced me out of my room. I am usually the one pumping her up and motivating her, but today she was the "Tow Truck". She talked me into going for a run and lifting..which I did...but only half-ass. I do feel better though. Usually when I am feeling stressed or depressed, I immediately start exercising because I know it helps. I used to take prozac but I found running worked a lot better, with the added benefits of what running does for the body in general. Depression runs rampant in my family so I always have to keep in in check because it can take over if I am not careful. It has before, and I vowed never to let that happen again...no matter what. I had it bad after the birth of my second son. It was Post Partum depression and it took a couple of YEARS to shake. It got better with the prozac, but I found I didn't even need it anymore when I started training for the Country Music Marathon in October of 2003. So, I stopped taking it in March of 2004 and I have been fine. I hope this sleeping stuff isn't a sign of depression creeping back in. Whatever it is..I'll find a way to shake it off. Life is too good for me to be unhappy for any reason!

1 comment:

Chad said...

I fight through the same sleepy spells sometimes - I think at some point if you keep exercising the energy just returns - but it sure is hard to push through it. I'm about 5 hours sleep deprived tonight so your post made me sleepy ;-)