Saturday, February 3, 2007

Snow Day!!



Friday morning we had a snow day. Well, actually we had one yesterday as well, but I have no idea why since it didn't snow...but today we awoke to about an inch! My Great Aunt, Mildred passed away Wednesday night, and I had to go to her funeral Friday, but since we never get snow, I left the kids at my mother-in-law's house to play in it. They didn't really know er that well anyway, and kids pretty much hate funerals, so I was more than happy to leave them. Here is a pic of the Snow Man they built. ( I knitted the scarf as a gift for Mrs. Hester, and the hat is an old Titans hat.) There's also a pic of the bridge in the Hester's back-yard I think is nice. The kids had so much fun playing in the snow. I wish we had snow more often!

Thursday I ran Percy Warner with Jessika. I didn't do a s well this time as I did the week before, but I think it was because of the run I did Tuesday. We did it in 1:04. This isn't a bad time at all, but I had to walk some of the hills and I just didn't have the same energy. I lifted weights and swam on Wednesday, and I feel like I am back at Square one with the drowning...I mean swimming. I couldn't even swim one lap, and I was all over the place with my form. I think it's because I have only been able to do it like once a week lately. I really suck, though.

Saturday I didn't do ANYTHING but sleep. It was one of those days for me. Depressed, tired, and cranky. But Sunday after church I managed to run 6 miles with Mary Thom. I really need to do a long run of about 11-12 miles at some point this weekend, or I am going to get behind on my training. I hate long runs, though. Especially if I have to go alone. The problem is I have 2 basketball games I have to attend on Saturdays, and it makes it hard to hook up with anyone for running because my schedule is all messed up. I have "windows" of opportunity to run, and no one wants to wait on me. I can't blame them. They have a life, too. But this usually means I am on my own, and I have never been good at that when it comes to long runs.

No comments: