Saturday, January 13, 2007

Workin' It!

I am exhausted! Yesterday morning, I went to the gym and lifted weights, then I did a spin class for 45 mins. It was so hard. Before it was even over, I decided to try running immediately after spinning to try and get a feel for what a triathlon will be like. It didn't have my iPod, which is a first because I NEVER run without that. (I have to break the iPod habit anyway because they are not allowed during tri's) So off I went. My legs felt like they were filled with sand, and I could barely lift them off the pavement. WOW! I really had no idea how hard running would be coming off a bike. I think I will do that from now on when I spin. I ran about a mile and turned around and came back and man...I was spent. After that I proceeded to eat my weight in food when I returned home. I had fish tacos left over from the Cheesecake Factory the night before, and beans and rice, then I had a sandwich from Arby's an hour later, with a vanilla milkshake, then later that night I ate about 15 cookies and a bag of m&m's. oooh, and a had two cheese sticks and a bowl of cereal.

I ended up needing all of that food for the run I did this morning, though. I have a new Garmin Forerunner 305 which I tried out for the first time today at Percy Warner park. I ran the Blvd. and the 5.8 mile loop with Mary Thom and Wayne (The couple in the photo) and it was SOOOOO freakin' humid I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish it.
I did the Blvd. first to warm up, and that was about 2 miles which we did really SLLLOOOWWW. 18:00 mins. then we did the 5.8 hell run, and my Garmin went off constantly telling me I was over my heart rate, and that drove me nuts. Every time it would beep at me, I would lose my focus and decide that I was tired and start walking. Especially up the hills. I try not to walk those but I just couldn't get past the mental abuse the Garmin was putting out, so I walked. BOOOO! The whole run took me an 1:20 due to me trying to saty within the zone so I wouldn't have to listened to the alarm. I think I will disable the alarm next time, or re-set the zone. SOMETHING! I can't go through that again. Percy Warner is a tough course so I am obviously going to be out of the zone a lot when I run it, I just don't need to be reminded every 5 seconds.

Now I am going to Connor's Basketball game. Doug took Bailey to his. I want to see some wins this time!

1 comment:

Michele said...

That's why they call it a "brick".

Sounds like some good workouts.

Have you picked your tri's for this summer?