Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Swimming Day 3

I went to the Y today with Doug, and the boys. I lifted weights today for about an hour, (full body..Self Ultimate Body Book) then I hit the pool. I swam for about 30 minutes and I saw serious improvement. It's only my 3rd swim, and my form is really bad, but I made it back and forth a few times and even raced someone. (It wasn't a race to her, because she didn't know I was racing her..she was just swimming..and KICKING MY ASS in the process.) Then I got the kickboard and did legs and arms. The hardest part is keeping my abs tight while swimming and trying to breathe. This was easier today than it has been, but I still have a LONG way to go. I think I will try a spin class on Friday, then go swim after that. Or maybe I should swim first, then spin. Hmmmm.

My time for the Res. run yesterday pretty much sucked. 27:14. I am embarrassed to even post it. That used to be considered a decent time for me. That's ok, though. Speed Sessions will be starting soon and I WILL knock off some time this year if it kills me. I shooting for a 24 min. 5k by June, and maybe a 49 minute 10k. The pain will be unbearable, but I will just have to bite the bullet and do it. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

No comments: