Monday, January 8, 2007

Tired and anxious

Doug and I have been bickering back and forth literally ALL DAY! I am not sure why, but it seems like everything we said to each other today hit a nerve for some reason. I went to the gym to blow off some steam, but it didn't really help because then I was just exhausted so that made me even more moody. PMS?? Not quite time yet, but maybe Aunt Flo is going to be early. Who knows.

I did weights for 35 minutes, then I swam. I wasn't in the pool very long..maybe 25 minutes, but it wore me out as usual. I kicked around on the board for awhile, then I got the leg float and did arms, then swam some laps without any assistance. I have to swim faster than I am really capable of just to stay afloat. When I try to slow down, I start to sink...so I have a hard time making it back across the pool because I am so tired from the first lap. it's terrible. Other swimmers are kinda slow and graceful, and they swim like that doing endless laps. I know if I could slow down I could swim farther. What should I do? Doug was going to help me out today in the pool because he's a really good swimmer, but he was just too over me today to swim with me, so I was solo. He came and watched for a minute on the side, but then tossed his keys into my bag and walked home because I wasn't ready to get out yet. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

The kids had ball practice this afternoon, which is a complete nightmare in rush hour traffic. They both have to be at practic by 6:00pm at two differnt schools. Then they both have to be picked up by 7:00pm. The schools are no where near our house, and the traffic makes me want to scream. (I suffer with road rage as it is) doug kindly took them tionight, but I had to pick them up. I forgot my cell phone and when I finally picked up Connor, I was almost 20 minutes late, and the coach was p.o.'d because he had been trying to call me to figure out where the heck I was. Apparently he had to pick up a kid somewhere else , too. I guess I'll pick up Connor first next time, then Bailey.

Tomorrows plan is to go running after work. We shall see.

No comments: