Saturday, January 20, 2007

10 mile long run

Today I set out to do 9 miles, but I ended up doing 10. I had my Garmin on and Laurie Austin and I did the first 4 miles together. We ran through Deerwood and back, then she stopped at the park where Michael (her husband) was playing with the kids (her son Mark, Bailey and Connor). Then they took the Boys back to my mother-in-laws and I ran an additional 6 miles. It wasn't that bad till the last mile. I had a hard time, and I really should have just done 9 miles today, but there was no way around it with the loop I chose to do, so finished. I will probably repeat the 10 mile next weekend, or even drop back to 9 because I don't want to over-do it.

After that I came home and washed the stink off, then got ready and we all went to ShoGun to eat for Kathy's birthday (Doug's sister) I ate like a pig but that's a good thing considering the run I did earlier. I DO NOT want to get as skinny as I did last year, and I can already see this happening. I just think it looks gross to be anorexic.

No comments: