Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pre-Race UpDate

My Anxiety level is so high right now I am bitchy and sick. Why do I get this way? For dinner tonight I am having Spaghetti with Whole wheat pasta, and I have been eating junk all day in an attempt to store some fuel in the tank for Saturday. I went to the Expo today to get my race packet and it was a ZOO. I am so glad I did it today instead of tomorrow. It's suppose to Rain on Saturday. (How fun will that be?) I usually avoid running in the rain, so I guess I'll pay for that lack of mental training. I need to get some Body Glide tomorrow just in case...because my new jog bra will probably make me bleed in the rain after about 10 miles. (SCREAM!!!!!)

6 comments:

Bullet said...

Good luck this weekend. Don't forget to hydrate. I don't know where you are, but I'm just south of Nashville and it's been HOT! Stay loose and try and focus on the good stuff.

Allez said...

Pack on tons of carbs to make up for your diet-gone-wrong! Will it be cold or warm rain? Sounds like an adventure :-) The only sport bra I wear for distance running is the basic Under Armour one, plain and seamless with no cups. I show through it, but I don't get that nasty rub mark across my ribs! Good luck, have fun, can't wait to hear the race report ;-)

Lance Notstrong said...

Good luck and as Allez says, "it's just a half" :-)

BTW Allez, you "show" through your sports bra? I've never noticed :-)

TriSonq said...

Get geeked up, Laurie!

This is going to be a blast, rain or shine!
:)
:0
:)
Damn, I'm annoying!

Laurie said...

That's Ya'll! I am gonna have fun. Major mood swings right now but I do that every year. The rain will be cold at first..then "Refreshing" toward the end of the race..hopefully. It'll be in the 60's through-out my race, but the full marathoners will have 70 degree weather. I can't believe it's going to rain! THAT SUCKS! But I never trust the weather reports anymore because they always threaten rain and it rarely happens.

Michele said...

Good luck at the race, look forward to the race report.