Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Christy's Kickin'@ss!

Christy and I did another training run today to get her ready for her 5k next weekend. She's shooting for a 35 min run. Today's run was 36:30! Woo-Hoo! Go Christy!!! My first 5k AFTER training was a 38:00 so she's whoopin' my butt as far as a newbie goes. She ran the first 1.5 miles without stopping and only walked a couple of times after the turn-around. I KNOW she can run a 35 or better next weekend. I put on my trail shoes and ran with her on the side of the road because I am trying to save my legs for this weekend's Half marathon.

I am so keyed up about this weekend. It's all I can think about. I don't know why because other runs don't do this to me..but this one gets me all bent out of shape every year. I am feeling strong (FINALLY) and I think I can hit it right under Two hours if I play my cards right. I have a new running skirt that is too cute to run it in, and a matching tank of course...with a straight-jacket of a jog bra to wear underneath to ruin the cuteness of it all..but whachagonnado? Kelly's wearing the same thing so we'll look like we are running together in pictures. She got on the JumboTron last year at the concert because of what she was wearing. (SchoolGirl outfit similar to the photo in the margin) We all wore those for the marathon, too..but I was too far behind to make it on the screen. BOOOO! (I didn't look quite that slutty for the marathon. I vamped it up more for the Party Run) I will post pics after we hook up Saturday morning. I CANNOT WAIT till this weekend!

1 comment:

Allez said...

Getting new running clothes is so much fun! I've never tried the skirt thing.