Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I took a WALK

Yesterday I forced myself off the couch and took a walk. It was nice. I ran a tiny bit because I forgot something in my car while I was at a golf lesson...so I ran to my car to get it and I still can't breathe and I have zero energy. It's getting ridiculous. So yesterday afternoon after the lesson I was getting stir-crazy and walked. I went 3 miles...did the last mile with the kids and the goat, and went to bed at 9:00 pm. That's also unheard of for me. My usual bedtime is around midnight, but I was exhausted by 8:30. I am thinking I will do a 2:30 half-marathon on the 28th IF I am lucky. I was shooting for under 2 this year. Maybe I needed the rest. It's been a LONG rest break though, and I am definitely worried about my performance for the CMM.

About the Golf...I promised Doug last year I would learn to play because we never do anything together, so I took a few lessons and then it started getting cold. So this year we have joined the country club and there is a ladies group that plays every Wednesday. I went to a clinic yesterday and worked on some putting and driving, and then next Wednesday I go for another lesson while the rest of the group plays. I think I will take quite a few lessons before I actually have the guts to go play a round with them. They do nine holes then have lunch. There is an 18 hole group but you have to know your stuff to play with them. I am years away from that. I will be taking Wednesdays off for the summer though , so I can work on my game. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Good luck with the golf thing, funny my husband has NEVER asked me to play. he doesn't even ask me to ride along and just drink. It is guy time.

Hope you get well enough to run CMM. If you decided to scratch that whole idea I am doing a 65 mile ride in Woddbury that day.

Laurie said...

That sounds like fun. If I am not feeling a sub 2..I might just go with you!

Allez said...

Take it easy at the 1/2. I ran one in Nov. with bronchitis. It was ok till about mile 9, and the fatigue set in. I was hoping to PR there. It was my worst 1/2 time ever, but I was happy I stuck it out and ran anyways.

How about you take up golf and your husband take up running or cycling? :-)

Chad said...

Good to see you are out again.

My wife actually forced me to learn to play before we got married, until then (and I was well into my 20's) I had never really played. It's an ok sport, there are times I enjoy it and there are times why I wonder I'm wasting my time this way.