Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back at it!

Ok..I have tweaked the diet a bit, and I am back at 124 today. I am thinking I must've lost a lot of water or something. I have eaten extra carbs for the past few days and I feel better.

Yesterday I rode my Trek beside Christy and paced her through a 5k work-out. I didn't run because I am saving up for this weekend .(Country Music Marathon...I am SOOOO not ready for it due to recent illness. Oh well...Suit up and Show up..That's the best I can do at this point) I warmed her up for a 1/2 mile..then I made her do sprints at .10 mile intervals. She got down to a 6:45 pace at one point! Then I would let her walk for a while, then sprint another one. She probably sprinted 5 times full effort, then she ran the last mile solid. It was a good work-out for her and we finished in 40 Minutes. She wants to do the 5k in 35 so I am introducing some speed work-outs to try and knock off a few minutes next Saturday (Cinco de Mayo) I think we may have started the speed seesions a little late in the game, but maybe we'll see a difference. Who knows.

Today I lifted weights and went swimming for the first time in a month. I am kinda back at square one with the swimming, unfortantly. Next week I plan to join the Master's swim team for a few months to get my swim fitness level up. I have two Tri's in the next month so I gotta get on it.

Then tonight I went to Connor's baseball game. This was the 6th game and they are undefeated!! Connor's plays the catcher position and he does a good job at it. He's hitting and scoring well this year, too. But the Mom of the Year award goes to me once again because I looked behind me on the other field to see what was going on..and what did I see?? Bailey's team playing baseball. Where was Bailey? At my mother-in-law's house. Yes...His game was tonight at the very same time Connor's was....one field over. Could I be more of a ditz? And to top it off..the "Meanie Mom" was there glaring at me from across the field. This woman has been on a team of my kids every year(Her boys are the same age as mine) and she has this superiority complex like you wouldn't believe. She talks to everyone but me..and always has a snide remark directed my way if she does talk to me. Just a lovely person. Her kids go to school with mine, too so she's always the "room mom" or whatever. Love her to pieces.

2 comments:

TriSonq said...

At least you knew where Bailey was. Ha! Chuckle.

There are a couple of bloggers doing the CMM. They want suggestions on what to do. Go here:
140point6miles.blogspot.com/

You should make plans to hang with us. Not sure what the plans are though.

Two tri? The GJCC one and what's the other one?

Laurie said...

The Mach Tenn in Tullahoma. June 2nd? or 16th..I can't remember which. I know the Bell Buckle 10 miler is on one of those days, too!