Thursday, June 28, 2007

The latest

I'm back. It's been extra super busy in my corner this past week so I haven't been online much or updated the blog in a while..but here's what I have done this week.

Monday...Lifted weights with Jessika..Then had an acid peel on my face. It's peeling like a sun burn.
Tuesday..Speed Sessions-200 fast 200 jog
200 fast 400 jog
800 fast 400 jog....Then repeat these again. It sounded easy till I did it.
Wed...I don't think I did anything..but I had every intention of doing something. Ha!
Thurs...I ran 4.3 miles with Fleet Feet and I was doing good till my abs cramped up past the point I could run through. Someone said it may have been the combination of the gel I took..lack of hydration, and the humidity. It's never happened before like that...Upper abs. I have had stomach cramps and stitches..but this was doubled over pain and I wondered if I regretted not wearing my Road Id because I thought I may fall over on the side of the road for about 5 minutes there. Pretty Intense.
Tomorrow I have the day off again and I am having lunch with a friend. But I may try to go swimming sometime after that. (right).

6 comments:

Molly said...

I got those when I first started running - such a pain. A friend of mine at work told me a trick...he says to heavily exhale as your foot, on the oposite side of the cramp, hits the ground. I ended up having to walk while doing this and it worked for the most part - probably mental!

Have a great day off!
Take Care

Allez said...

When's the next tri on your schedule?

Chad said...

did you swim?

your day off reports are good - we'll take those too

The Stretch Doc said...

hey there.. where ya been?

rockon`

Chad said...

Hey Laurie - you still out there? Hopefully you aren't taking blogging lessons from me with my long breaks ;-)

Molly said...

Laurie...you out there?

Hope all is well!