Wednesday, June 6, 2007


Connor..Sporting his Tournament Mohawk

Bailey got one, too.


Shelli, me, And Jessika. (I haven't washed my hair in three days..that should explain it)

Today I did 2 dogs and hit the pool with my kids and some friends. I have blown off swim team both Monday and this morning so I swam some laps for 30 minutes and then put on the spf 50 and laid out for the rest of the day. As you can see in the photo above, I have nasty pool hair...but I will wash it tomorrow. Maybe...I promise. HAH!

Tonight is Connor's Baseball Division Championship. His team is UNDEFEATED this season..16-0..and they are playing the team in the other division that is also undefeated. It's sad because one of them is going to feel the stabbing pain of loss tonight, and I am going to cry if we lose. But we won't because a bunch of the kids got Mohawks. (His team is the Indians) That should make a difference..right? Connor plays catcher and he has done an awesome job this season guarding the home plate. I am so proud of him. He actually catches the ball! I have watched the other kids on other teams and they pretty much shy away from it at his age. Go Connor!!

It's already the beginning of a LONG summer. A few days ago Bailey decided to burn down my neighbor's tree, and today he was on a busy road in our neighborhood, and Winfield drove up in his Jeep and had to stop because Bailey (9) was positioning these boulder sized rocks across the road. Winfield apparently yelled at him in a DAD tone ( Winfield has two boys the same age as my two) and came to my house to tell me to get control of my kid. He drove me to the evidence, but the rocks had already been moved , and Bailey beat us home and played dumb while Winfield told me the story. Needless to say, Bailey will not leave the yard again for a while...maybe the summer. I thought he could handle a little freedom on our circle, but I guess I was wrong. It will kill him to see Connor (7) leave the yard while he is stuck at home. He needs a good ass-bustin' to go along with the grounding, but he's already as strong as me so I'll leave that up to the man of the house. I am seriously the worst mom, ever...I'm already counting down the days till school starts back, and that's just awful! I should be able to chill out and have some fun with my kids..but NOOOOO....that would just be a hallmark card commercial. NEVER gonna happen in real life! They just WILL NOT behave like civilized human beings when unsupervised and it's like watching an episode of Malcom in the Middle when it comes to my family. Where did I go wrong?

2 comments:

Molly said...

My husband tells me the stories of what he and his friends used to do on long summer days and I remember thinking...I want girls!

Hope the baseball game went well...we are watching the Lady Vols softball game right now!!

Allez said...

The mohawk is really cute!