Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Speed Sessions Week 2

Super-Stud Patrick!!

Jeff and Mark

Melissa and Me

Man..This was a tough one..(Aren't they all). Coach Mark had us run a two mile time trial last week to get our base, then he based the rest of the summers workouts on our times.so my workout for tonight went like this...
Warm up 1.5 miles..then Run a 200 in 54 secs.....jog a 200...run another 200 in 54 secs....jog another 200...Run a 400 in 108 secs.....jog a 400..... then repeat this sequence two more times. Everyones workout was slightly different depending on the mileage they run during the week and how fast they ran the 2 miles last week. I was excited to know I had moved up to group 3 from group 4 last year. PROGRESS!!
Funny story...On the workout board all of our times were listed So I wrote them on my hand so I wouldn't have to keep the numbers in my head during the run. (Watch out for that runner's math) I wrote 200=54 and 400=1:08. Anyway..I would do my 2x200's in 54 seconds, then I would BUST ASS trying to do the 400 in 1:08 because that's what I had written on my hand....And I was gettin PISSED because the best 400 I could come up with was between 1:40 and 1:48. I just couldn't figure it out! Was I REALLY in that bad of shape, or was Mark just trying to kill me? I saw Wayne and asked what the hell and as it turned out I was hitting it perfectly because he informed me that the time was in Seconds..not minutes. I looked again and it said 108 on the board..not 1:08. I felt so stupid. I decided to keep it to myself till I was cooling down and started chatting with a few friends and they confessed they thought the same thing I did! We shared a good laugh. I mean.....to go from a 54 sec 200 to a 1:08 400?? And I was actually TRYING TO!! Hello??
After Speed Sessions I went out to eat with Melissa, Jeff and Coach Mark (I tried to invite you Patrick..but you "disappeared". Oh and BTW...I have "her" narrowed down. ;) ) Melissa and I confessed our "Duh" moments to Mark, and he laughed and said a bunch of people were scratching their heads too because they couldn't run the pace either and couldn't figure out why. Runner's Math, man. It'll get you every time!

5 comments:

Allez said...

I'm already confused on the math!!! When I'm running (or swimming), I can't keep track of numbers at all!

TriSonq said...

Oh, do you really have it narrowed down? She wasn't even there…or was she?

Heh heh heh.

Molly said...

I would have done something crazy like that too. I can not stand math. My husband's phone has a tip calculator on it and I hate to try and figure out the tip without it (now THAT is a major duh confession!)

Take Care
Molly

TriSonq said...

Hey Laurie,

I'm stealing the pic of me. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks.

Tammy Sanders said...

Are you ready for the Moonpie?? Did I tell you I signed up for the Du Run Run, my comeback race. My goal is to finish without any visible signs of bleeding. And with my helmet in one piece. I wish you were doing it with me!

Good luck tomorrow!