Monday, June 11, 2007

Slacker...



I have been such a lazy loser since the Tri last Saturday. I never went to swim team last week, and I only ran Speed Sessions and a mile or 2 on Thursday, so Sunday morning my plan was to run 12 miles and get back into the swing of things. I have a 10 mile run this Saturday called the Moon Pie, and I am not EVEN ready. I got up Sunday with good intentions, and met a girl to run with. We did the 6 mile loop and that's all I had in me. I couldn't run any more than that because physically I felt weak and mentally I was DONE. I can usually push through some weakness...but yesterday I couldn't find the boost ANYWHERE so I stopped. Wimpy. After that I went to the pool and got WASTED drunk with my friend Kelli for whatever reason (I'll tell you..one beer and 2 or 3 Long Island Teas..I lost count) I remember joking that I was going to blog about it and the heading would read.."Hello...My name is Laurie..and I am a Long Island TeaAholic" For some reason that was funny yesterday....this morning?...Not so much. I came home from the pool and shot off some foul emails, then I went to bed at some point and woke up around 9:30 pm...went back to bed at 10:30ish, then woke up this morning at 4:30 and made it to swim class!! Yee-Haw! I haven't been to swim class in over a week so it felt good to be swimming again. I am going to try my hardest to make it 3 times this week and lift weights maybe tomorrow or this afternoon. We'll see how it goes!

6 comments:

Michele said...

At least you didn't blog drunk.

You got the week off to a good start by making it to swim class. Congrats.

Lance Notstrong said...

Why were you sending out foul mouthed emails?

Laurie said...

I don't have an answer for that. I also don't have an answer for half of the photos taken which I DIDN'T post. Just one of those well-deserved days I suppose. HA! But...I used to be in the Navy and when I drink...I "Cuss like a Sailor"...so when I answered some emails..I used a few choice words I now regret. (Luckily they were friends of mine and not my mama!)

Chad said...

Sounds like a day off! We all end up with a few of those "mind-clearing" days. The important thing is not to end up with any permanent damage!

Good luck on the training.

Jill said...

Meh, I say take a few days to yourself. Especially because ... by the way, lady ... You look great! How does that happen after two kids?! (Color me jeeealloouuussss)

Laurie said...

Thank-You!