Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Speed Sessions Week 3

When I drove out to the track..I could see a dark cloud starting to form, but I didn't really think it would rain. It has rained on and off all day, but the radar was clear an hour before Speed Sessions were to start..so I figured the night would be clear. I was wrong. A DOWNPOUR hit around 5:45. I called Doug to ask him to check the radar agin and see if he thought it would blow over pretty soon. From the looks of it he didn't think it would, so I hung out for a while and got out of the mood to run. I thought about going to the gym instead. Then...all of a sudden..it stopped. DANG! Just when I thought I was going to get off the hook.

Everyone who was waiting out the rain in their cars headed down to the track and warmed up 1.5 miles. It was still cloudy and I thought the weather was perfect. Then the Sun came out. MAN was it humid after that. I looked out over the track and steam was rising. it wasn't 5 minutes before everyone looked like they had jumped in a pool!

Tonight work-out was not a picnic either. I did 9x400's at a 1:48 pace and alternated a 400 jog after each lap. The jog was to take twice the time of the run. I was supposed to do 8x400's but I lost count and kept running with a chick who was pacing me and she was doing 10x400's. After the 9th one I asked her how many that was and she said 9. Opps. All of my laps were under the time frame though, with the last one at 1:39. Then I did a mile cool-down. I was DEAD after that work-out so instead of going out to eat all sweaty and nasty I came home and ate some Chinese food and drank a Mich Ultra. I LOVE Speed Sessions..but only after I am done with them for the week.

Patrick...Where were you???

3 comments:

Bullet said...

Great workout. Yeah, it's gonna be a hot one here in B'ham today as well. We had the rain yesterday, but the temps after work were perfect. Slight breeze and little humidity. Odd.

Lance Notstrong said...

I just noticed your Ferris Bueller quote to the right. F-ing hilarious.....love that movie!!!

TriSonq said...

I ended up running at the Vandy track. Had dinner plans at 7ish, so I did it at a more central location than CPA track.

I did my 12 sets of 400 fast and 400 jog. Man, that was rough! It was especially difficult doing it by myself.

I dread the speed sessions during the warm-up jogs, but as soon as they start, I feel good. And when they are done, I feel great. It's a good kind of soreness afterwards.

I'll be there next week.