Sunday, June 17, 2007

I have had yet ANOTHER slacker week. Spending time at the pool..blowing off running, swimming, and biking, Can't seem to get my act together with any form of training. However, I HAVE worked my tail off grooming dogs this week, which may explain the laziness in every other aspect of my life. Summer is so busy in the grooming trade. We did 17 dogs on Thursday alone!! I got finished around 6:45 pm and I was dead tired. But, I am bummed because I skipped out on the Moon Pie run. I never got the chance to build any mileage since my post-marathon hiatus, so I just didn't go. My kids were still in Baseball Tournaments anyway, and so I went to that. This week it is my hope that I will get back on it instead of talk about it. I have a 5k I am planning on this weekend because I don't feel like I am ready for another Tri yet. Last night I went out with my friend Kelli to try and blow off some steam. It was fun. Today I plan to spend another day at the pool aging my skin and drinking Long Island Teas. Doug wants to watch the Golf thing on Tv and it's Father's Day so he has the right. We went to eat Brunch at the Country Club this morning, and I should go run some of it off, but ...Nah. The Pool is calling! I do know that my newly defined ABs will not stay visible much longer if I don't get back on the training soon. It was hard enough to get them to show up...all of this laziness and beer is not going to help matters much.
Here's a photo from this morning at the Country Club. My Husband and my Boys. I am thinking I may shave the Mohawks off this week because baseball is over. Those haircuts are crazy enough, and they refuse to spike them up the way they are supposed to be, so it just looks like a REALLY bad haircut when we are at the pool or in public. If they would keep them spiked at least people would know it's supposed to be a Mohawk. I spiked them this morning, though. We got a few looks at the Country club..I don't care..but I think it would be better for the beach to go bald. I don't know..whatever.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hang in there girl! You have to keep those abs they are my inspiration.

I like the boys hair...anything that makes the folks in the country club stare is good with me!

Take Care
Molly

Lance Notstrong said...

Mohawks = Cool :-) I've always let my kids do whatever they want with their hair.