Thursday, June 21, 2007

Laurie's Day Off

Any suggestions? Anyone? Anyone? I have the whole day off tomorrow and nothing has been planned. Anyone know what I should do? Class? Anyone? Anyone know what it's called when you have a free day and nothing to do? Something "L _ _ K-of-planning"?...... LACK-of-planning.

This is a dilemma for me. I can't tell you the last time I had a day where nothing was in my calendar for me to do. I just don't function this way. I don't have any dogs booked, the kids will be gone, the husband will be playing golf..and I....I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do with myself. How crazy is that? Hmmmm... What to do..what to do. ..


UPDATE: Ok..It's funny the stuff a person can come up with to do when the slate (calendar) is clean.I got up at 6AM and didn't go to bed till 2Am. I jumped from activity to activity..starting the day with a 6o minute run at 6:30 with Kelli, and the day ending at a Karaoke bar with a rowdy group of friends. I'd say I found something to do! I wouldn't wish for a day like that EVERYDAY, but was so good to just have a day off and see what it brings. There was running, shopping, Mexican food, margarita's, A LOT of water, bar hopping, beer, swimming, a sunburn, a pedicure, a nap, more beer, dancing, some shots, singing...the day just went on and on and each hour brought something fun. I now think EVERYONE should plan a free day with nothing planned every once in a while and just see what happens. It's safe to say a good time was had by all!

7 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like a good day for a massage, then maybe some appletinis and a dvd :-)

Allez said...

Don't listen to lance. Go shopping.

Bullet said...

Well, I'm a little late, but there's still time for you to cut my grass if you hurry.

Lance Notstrong said...

Allez may change her mind after the "gift basket" she got :-)

The Stretch Doc said...

hope the time resting/off was great..

and your enjoying the weekend.!!

great Blog!!

rockon`

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awesome! I need a day like that!

I was hoping to see you at the Harpeth River Ride!

Chad said...

Wow! sounds like a great day off, I need one of those.