Thursday, May 10, 2007

Still Swimming

I got up yesterday morning again at 4:45 to swim with the MAster's team and I actually enjoyed it. I "swam" for 1:15...But I couldn't swim the last 15 mins. because I was freezing in the pool and so I got in the hot tub to warm up before hitting the showers. I am going to do it again in the morning which will be 3 swims for me this week! Maybe I will be ready just in time for the Tri on Memorial day. I am thinking about skipping the Mach Tenn because it's only a few days later and there's just no way I'll be ready for open h2o by then. I still haven't decided yet.

I want to wish Patrick and Michele Good Luck on the Half IronMan this weekend. You guys are CRAZY!!!

3 comments:

Allez said...

What kind of drills did you do? I thought I went to the wrong blog... you changed your format! :-)

Molly said...

Do you have any open water you can practice in? I am a fish! As much trouble as I have running I can swim all day every day. I actually helped cousin, who would kick my ass in ANY other athletic catagory, work on ocean swimming. A lot of it is just learning to relax and go with it...I could probably use my own advice on my running!

Take Care
Molly

Laurie said...

Well..I don't really know about the drills because as the rest of the team was doing them...I am at the basics...just trying to learn to breathe correctly. I take in too much air and raise my head too high..plus I can't breathe on both sides yet. Unfortuntly, the lake water is not warm enough for me yet...so the open water practice will have to wait.