Saturday, May 19, 2007

2nd in my age group!!





Here are the results for the Run 4 Kids I did this morning. I placed 2nd out of 41...83 overall!! Woo-Hoo! Bailey (My nine year old) ran it with me, and it was his first 5k. He did it in 30:31. And Connor did the mile run in 8:46. I am so proud of them! I ran it in 25:21 (my Garmin said 25:20) but the girl who beat me REALLY whipped me good with a time of 19:19. Either way..it was a good sized race (479) so I am happy with 2nd place, and I was SHOCKED when they said my name. It has been a goal of mine to place in my age group this year so I guess I can stop running now. HA! And to think I almost didn't go! I haven't been able to sleep any these past few days and when the alarm went off this morning I almost blew the whole thing off. (I was up till 2:00!!) But then I knew Bailey would have been seriously disappointed because he has been training hard for it.(Not really...but he wanted to run it ).so I drug my tired ass outta bed at 6:00 and got motivated. I went in there and woke him up and he shot straight up and got dressed no problem. He was so excited..so that go me more in the mood to run. I am so glad we went! Doug even came to watch us and he was proud of me. Awwww. He NEVER comes to my races. But, I think he came to this one because Bailey was racing for the first time. That's ok....he's almost to his goal weight and he said he'll start running when he gets there so I have a feeling he'll be at more and more of the races in the near future. While I standing in the start line I started talking to David..who I have met before at the Tom King Half through Michele. It was good to see him again and e chatted during the awards ceremony. He placed 3rd in his age group!

I skipped swim practice yesterday morning due to lack of sleep so I went after I got off work and repeated the work-out we did Wednesday morning. I swam a whole hour this time. (well...not non-stop. I would pause here and there) I swam 250 without stopping though, which is a MAJOR accomplishment for me. Stop laughing. I am one of these people who struggles to do a 50 on most days. So I am making improvements! I am feeling more confident about the Tri on May 28th...and I don't dread the pool like I used to. These are all good things.

9 comments:

David said...

It was good to see you again. Congrats on placing second and good luck on the tri Memorial Day!

Michele said...

Congrats!!!! 2nd place AG is AWESOME!!!!!
Sounds like the swimming is coming along just fine. You are going to so good at JCC. It is a really fun race.

Chad said...

GREAT! Placing in age group is always a good feeling!!! Plus - it impresses the kids.

Good luck on the swimming - I am just now getting comfortable - but I suspect that's cause I'm just a crumby swimmer ;-)

Allez said...

Congrats on placing! That's awesome!!! Don't worry about the swimming. It'll take a bit of time to get adjusted. It sounds like you're doing great!

TriSonq said...

Great job, Speedy!

You're going to kick butt at the JCC tri!

Molly said...

GREAT JOB!!!!
Congrats to your son too...you both have impressive times!
Sounds like you are really ready for your tri!
Love the picture at the top of the post!

Take Care
Molly

TriShannon said...

2nd place... congrats!!

I would love to some day place, but well... I'm just not fast. Oh well, I just keep working!

Greta job running and swimming!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Laurie - Congrats on your 2nd place award! That's GREAT!
I always do the same thing on race morning...I don't wanna go, then once it's over, I am SO glad I went! Congrats to Bailey and Connor too - it is awesome that they are so excited about running!
By the way - I'm doing the GJCC tri on Memorial Day, too, so I'll finally get to meet up with you - YAY!!

Lance Notstrong said...

I don't think I've had a race yet that I didn't want to stay in bed and just watch cartoons :-)