Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Swimming...FINALLY!

Well I did it...I got up at 4:45 and went swimming. And the ONLY reason I actually got up is that I had to pee...but whatever..I got up and I went. I met my friend Tammy there (A girl I met at swim class) and I didn't swim very long..but I am going to try again tomorrow morning with the swim team. They practice for 1.5 hours so maybe I won't wus out with them. Then I went and did the hill training with Christy. If you are from around here..there is a hill off of Franklin road called Lynnwood, and it's almost a mile up with a 9% grade. I thought she would hit me for it..but she ran the WHOLE THING without any breaks! I was impressed. And it was steaming hot outside for even more enjoyment. Then we walked down it and there is another shorter, steeper hill that shoots off to the right that she did 4 repeats on. I really didn't run any of these except for 2 of the repeats because I am supposed to go run 6 miles later this afternoon with another group so I wanted to save my legs. (That's my story and I am sticking to it..ha!)

Yesterday I ran 2 miles and it took me 18:00!!! That's pitiful. BUT..the day before (Sunday) I went biking almost 40 miles with a group so my legs felt like lead! (My first brick...24 hours later!) I know..it doesn't count. But man I am dreading the run after biking. I can't imagine I'll be ready for it in 3 weeks. If my legs were that dead after 24 hours..what are they going to be like immediately after the ride? Jello!!

5 comments:

Molly said...

WOW 4:45...I am impressed!
Don't knock those 9 minute miles...I am working on 11 minute miles!
HOpe the six miles went well!

Take Care
Molly

TriSonq said...

Woo hoo! Nothing wakes me up like jumping in a pool early in the morning.

Great job getting there.

I'm going to try to be there for the GJCC tri. Are you doing that one? I'm thinking of volunteering.

TriSonq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allez said...

When's your tri again? All I would suggest is be conservative on the bike and save some energy for your run! I've been doing short bricks once a week. They don't seem to be getting any easier. Maybe they never will?

Chad said...

You are really kicking it on on this tri-training. Whatever gets you up in the morning will work!

Good luck - keep it up.