Monday, May 14, 2007

Bla


Just not feelin' it lately. I went Swimming three times last week..but I really haven't done anything since. Well, I went hiking with the Kids Sunday (mother's day) but that's it. I have attempted to run and my legs continue to feel weighed down..which makes me wonder if I should do my annual Run 4 Kids 5k this weekend. I never do well on this race because it's always the first one after the marathon, and I haven't done any speed work-outs so I always bonk when I run it.

Yesterday I got into a heated argument with our neighborhood drunk. She calls and threatens me and my kids every so often. (When she's drunk) My kids were gone ALL DAY yesterday, yet somehow she witnessed them throwing rocks at her dog numerous times and harrassing her. (Somehow they are always supposedly in her yard on the days she's drunk) She's crazy..but she's fair game if she calls me up wasted. She never calls anyone else about their kids. Just mine. (But she has my business magnet on her her fridge..that's my theory) I started off semi-nice to her but by the end of the call there might have been some foul language involved. (That's the red-neck in me) I ended up calling the police this time though, because she said she wished they were dead and they'd be sorry if she saw them out running around again. SCARY!! She has a dog I used to groom for her, and after her drunken phone calls she'll usually call me to book an appointment the next day. Last year I told her I wouldn't groom her dog anymore because she can't threaten to burn my house down one minute and have me groom her dog the next. I feel sorry for her more than anything. It was Mother's Day and her son moved to Washington state a long time ago..and her daughter was killed in an accident 18 years ago...so I know it's got to be hard for her. I do feel kind of bad for calling the cops on her...But still...I can't let her threaten my children...drunk or not. You start messing with my kids or even threaten to and I WILL TAKE YOUR @SS DOWN!!! (Or die tryin")

And that's about it here at the camp!

6 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

You can't be too careful. People are crazy!!!

Molly said...

OH MY! Sounds like you live in an exciting hood!

Run the 5K...have fun!

Take Care
Molly

Allez said...

Did the cops haul her in?

Laurie said...

NO! They are so used to coming to her house for various complaints that they really don't make a big deal out of her. It's people like her that surprise you one day though, and hurt somebody!

Bullet said...

You were right to call the police. If she is making threatening remarks about your children, they need to do something about it. I can't imagine what I would do in that situation. A restraining order should be filed to keep her from calling you are even looking at your kids. Wow. What a broken world we live in.

Unknown said...

You did the right thing. I can't believe she has the nerve to make comments like that and then ask you to provide her with grooming services. Serious cajones!