Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I went swimming on Monday morning and I walked Monday afternoon. I also went to the gym and lifted weights. Then yesterday I didn't do anything because of some other issues going on so I ran out of time. I skipped swimming today because I was up too late but I went and did a Speed session work-out w/ Tammy (a girl I met at swimming lessons) and it was a good one. We did a ladder workout. 200..400...800...1600...800..400...200, and we sprinted the last 400 and 200 and raced each other. My hips were on fire!!! (She beat me) I even had that wonderful metallic taste develop during the last 200. I was a good work-out and it gave me a hint of what's coming up in just a couple of weeks. I start the summer Speed sessions with Fleet feet and I CANNOT WAIT!! As much as I dread Tuesday nights in the Summer..I also look forward to them. I have a Love/Hate relationship with Speed Sessions. I love the misery if that makes any sense at all. It's a "good hurt". I came home and wolfed down a Subway and cookie and life is good for another day.

6 comments:

David said...

Sounds like you are ready for the swim leg Monday....see you there!

Allez said...

What is that metallic taste anyways? When I get it, I think I ran too hard & am having internal bleeding or something :-)

TriSonq said...

Holy Crap! Nice swim workout.

I'll be volunteering (from the example of Little Miss Running Pants) doing body marking/Transition for the GJCC tri. I'll the brown guy looking tired after a whole day of drinking!;)

I'm doing the speed sessions with Fleet Feet also at CPA. Cool. I need to get my fat a** faster!

Laurie said...

Oh...No that wasn't a swim work-out..It was a Running workout.

TriSonq said...

Ooohhhhh?!?

Still a good workout.

Are you ready for Monday?

Molly said...

Like the new pic

Have fun this weekend!
Molly