Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Speed sessions

Speed sessions really killed me last night. One mile warm up..then 4x1200 Intervals. I did the first 3 right on the mark in 5:45 with a 5:00 rest in between..but that last one was a killer. I really didn't do it. Just here and there with it. The last lap I decided to run with speed racer Jeff and try and do a 1:20 400. He was going to pace me and I got to the 200 mark in 40 seconds..started tasting metal, then quit. And to think this is his 10k pace!! How in the Heck??

Today I worked like a dog grooming dogs, then I went and swam laps. I am not sure what I have done, but I have a pain in my neck that is shooting down my arm. It started after the swim work-out. Hmmmm.

Tomorrows plan is to run the 4 mile loop with Fleet Feet (in my neighborhood...like a treadmill). We will see how that goes. My last few longer runs have been really sad. REALLY sad. I feel like I have never run before. I HATE that. I have a 5k Saturday and I want to break 24:30 but I don't see that happening.

No comments: