Thursday, July 19, 2007

Once Again...




I had just run a 4.3 mile loop with Fleet Feet, and I had taken a shower when Bailey came busting into the house screaming. I only caught bits and pieces, but I heard "Fracture", "Medics", and "Connor", and "he's gonna die." Immediately I felt my blood rise to my head and I started shaking..and I thought the worst. Like maybe he'd been hit by a car. I was terrified! I had on my P.J. bottoms and a tank top and dashed to my car along with Bailey and Doug, and we drove to the scene. There were about 20 people..mostly kids and 6 or 7 adults gathered around him when we got there, and one of them was a doctor. He already had Connor's head bandaged. Apparently Connor had been racing some kids he knew in the church parking lot on his Scooter and slammed into a pole with a concrete footing. When he left the house he had his helmet on, but he had taken it off...of course...as soon as he was out of sight. The doctor on the scene (one of the parents of the kids Connor was playing with) directed us to the E.R. and assured us he would be fine but he would definitely need stitches. THANK GOD it wasn't serious! There was blood EVERYWHERE so I am sure Bailey just completely freaked and thought he was dying. He ended up with 9 stitches and it looks like the scar on Harry Potter's head. (Just in time for the release of the new Harry Potter movie AND novel. ) This is the 4th time Connor has had stitches in his short life. (He'll be 8 in October). He ALSO had a busted lip and one of his permanent front teeth are loose. I am fine with blood and cuts, but teeth....I'll hit the floor. When I saw that the tooth was loose, I got weak and sickly. (I have to have gas just to get my teeth cleaned and I have NEVER been able to pull the kid's teeth. Bailey always does it for himself AND Connor. I'd pass out) Anyway, the tooth should tighten back up in a few weeks. (just typing this makes me lightheaded). He did that once before with his baby teeth and loosened them from a bike wreck. They were all crooked after that..but they tightened up. PLEASE let this one stay in his mouth!! I couldn't deal if he lost it. I'd freak every time I looked at him.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my goodness...so glad that he is OK! I am bad about teeth too. I'll say a little prayer that it stayes in!

Take care!

Chad said...

wow - tough kid.

I planted my face in the garage door when I was a kid while on my bike. We were playing a stupid game of seeing who could get closest to the garage door while riding up at high speed and then slamming on the brakes. Needless to say, I horribly misjudged that attempt.

Seems to be something with childhood. 4 sets of stitches is a lot though for age 8!

Lance Notstrong said...

You would freak when you saw the bill if he has to get a crown!!! My son has one......$1200 worth!!!