Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cedars of Lebanon Tri


Michele, Me, Wayne, and Patrick


Connor's stitches are out!

Yesterday I did the Cedars of Lebanon Triathon (my third) and it was a sprint. Because I have been such a slacker this summer with my training..it was difficult and I am not exactly proud of my performance. But, at least I was out there...right? I need to be fully awake for any morning races/work-outs so I set my alarm for 4:00 and began the wake-up process. I got ready and arrived in Lebanon, Tn around 6:00. I was one of the first one's there! (I am so over zealous) When I found out my race number and found the place to rack my bike..I knew I had made a mistake. For some reason I put down a REALLY fast swim time so they put me up close to the front. I was number 163. No pressure! As I was picking up my race packet..I ran into a fellow blogger. ZBUCK!! I knew who he was immediately, because he looks just like the photos on his blog. I introduced myself and I met his brother . Zbuck was really fun to hang out with after the Tri. I also saw the usuals....Wayne, Michele, and Patrick. The swim was REALLY difficult for me..it was a 300 meter but since I can't swim worth anything..I struggled. I think got passed by like 100 people. Ther bike portion was no picnic either. LOTS of hills. Once again I called out to all the live stock I passed to see if I would get a re-action to take my mind off of it. I don't know why I can't resist the urge to do that. There's no tellin' what the people around me are thinking when I do that. HAH! The run was also hard. I saw so many people pass me on the turn-around..people I was close to in the swim line when we started. BUT..Wayne came back for me when he was finished and ran the last mile (which was uphill) with me to keep me from walking. THANK-YOU WAYNE!! AND>> I even passed a guy I started the swim leg with. He passed me in the pool and was out WAY before me..and I caught up to him in the run leg and beat him!

I ended up coming in 12th out of 23 in my age group. Nothing spectacular. Oh well. It was fun. If I am going to do tris..I have GOT to get out of this slacker mind set and actually train. I can't beat myself up for not performing well if I'm not training properly. I was dog tired after the tri and went home and took a nap. Next stop...Staggerwing Du in Tullahoma next weekend!

Connor got his stitches out last week. I took that picture right after they were taken out..and the scar is actually almost white today. Incredible! No one will even notice it in a few months.

10 comments:

Michele said...

12th out of 23 is great. You are in a tough age group. And starting out behind in the swim like you did makes it extra tough.

You looked strong on the run when I saw you.

It was a tough course and even without training you finished.

Great job. Love the pictures ;)

savedbyrunning said...

hey it's savedbyrunning

Allez said...

It sounds like you did really great considering what a "slacker" you've been :-)

ZBUCK said...

Hey girl! Great to meet you on Saturday. I had a blast hanging out with you and even my brother mentioned afterwards how cool you are! Anyway, you ran a good race and I can't wait to see you at another one.

Lance Notstrong said...

Michele's right. You are in a tough age group. Good job :-)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hey Girl - I've been a lazy blogger lately - so glad Connor is doing better though. That must have scared you to death! Also - congrats on Cedars of Lebanon - that's a tough course!

Are you gonna be at Mtn Lakes?! Michele practically MADE me sign up, so I hope to see you there!!!

TriSonq said...

Are you going to be at Mtn. Lakes?

Michele said...

You have been tagged

Chad said...

Great job! You are really coming up to speed on the tri thing fast!

ZBUCK said...

Where you been?