Monday, August 25, 2008


Me: 19 on watch in the Navy

Here's another moment in time from the Vault. Responsible me...3 am watch with another chick. We were the only two in the barracks that night because everyone else was out doing some night drill. We had the radio up and we were dancing, and were having the best time blowing off some bootcamp steam, but was short-lived... unfortantly we got caught. The rest of this week was spent scrubbing floors and toilets with a toothbrush. Worth it? OF COURSE!!

This past Sat I did the M'Boro Hot 100, only I did the 33 mile loop instead of the 100 mile loop. (I'm not crazy yet) My riding buddy Jessika IS crazy though and she did the 100 mile. She has only gone 55 miles before that so she was convinced her life was coming to a close about half way through it, then luckily she said she went numb and doesn't remember miles 75-100. I think I did really good on my little loop and I was only beginning to wish for an end to it the last 3 miles. The weather was perfect...cloudy and spitting rain. Had it been hot and sunny like last weekend I am sure I would not have had as positive of an experience. The 17 mile stop was basically a buffet so I can only hope future rides will be as delicious. Can't beat peanut butter and honey sandwiches after a long ride.

Yesterday I tried out some speedwalking and let me just say..It Aint no JOKE!! I felt it in my calves and abs so instead of running I will do this when my training plan calls for it. I started Physical Therapy last week and they don't want me running for the time being. I am praying they can get my hip fixed because I am going crazy with anxiety. I need to RUN!! I swam today for 30 mins. and I am supposed to ride tomorrow but Tropical Depression Fay may have other plans for me. It's supposed to rain for the next few days. Bummer.

I start school tomorrow night, and I am taking Anatomy and Physiology. I will be going 2 nights a week. This is the main source of my anxiety because I know how I get over school. Everything else starts to slide and slack off....Working out, cleaning the house...etc. I have a 4.0 right now and I shudder to think I have to do a repeat of last semester to obtain one again this semester, but this class is going to be even harder than my last classes were. (History and Med. Terminology) I studied my ass off for those grades and that is ALL I DID!! If I am gone again for awhile, you now know the reason.

No comments: