Sunday, August 10, 2008

Deciding


Kelli and Me

Somehow I am now motivated to start....or RE-start training. Maybe it's the Olympics, or maybe I am just stir crazy. I don't know. But Kelli has asked me to train for the M'boro Half in Sept. (BWAHAHAHAHA) and I am also thinking of doing the Jack and Back. Keep up the training and throw in some swimming for good measure and I can do a Half IronMan later next year. That's the plan. (Swimming....UGH)

Although I know for a fact I cannot be ready for a half marathon by Sept. considering I can't run to the mailbox next door, I will train with Kelli but I don't think I will sign up. Maybe by Dec. I can be ready for the Memphis Half so in reality I am shooting for that. My friend Kerry from the bike Pedler took me on an endless ride last week and I feel more confident on my road bike. I have issues with falling over so I rarely ride it. This morning I went 14 miles with Doug, and I think I could have gone 20 in the time allotted, but he has a Trek hybrid and can't keep up the pace so 14 it was. I plan to do another long ride with Kerry again this week and then a ride or two on my own.

In the morning I am going for my first swim OF THE YEAR and pray I don't drown. One lap. If it's all I can do then it's all I can do. I know I can do more but I don't want to set myself up for failure.. HA... If I do one... YES!!!! If I do more...even better, but it starts with one.

I am trying to get Kelli to train with me for the Half IronMan but she has Hair issues. Her hair is super curly and thick, and she only washes it a couple of times a week because it takes her forever to blow it out straight so she stays out of the pool unless it's a wash day. I recently cut all my hair off because it was damaged so it's no big deal to me to get it wet, but I can admit it was a pain last year when it was longer. I only washed it every 3 days if I didn't swim. NASTY! With it short I can wash it whenever. When I was 23 it was REALLY short, and I have thought about cutting it off like that again. Here's a pic of me with my sister in 1996 . ( I was 23)

UPDATE: I went swimming this afternoon instead and I swam 20 whole laps! WOO-HOO!
I will swim 21 on Wednesday. If I can do 40...even better.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Cool - glad to see you back out there, now if I can just restart!!!