Saturday, November 8, 2008

Latest..

Well.. I just read Lana and Michele's race reports for the IronMan and I am completely inspired. I feel like I want to go run 1000 miles today in honor of them. Of course I could probably only bust out 3 of the 1000 but even so I am just in awe of their accomplishments and I think I will start training for my half..officially.

School is going really well for me. Better than expected. I have made a A on every test so far and the studying hasn't been too horrible. The professor has turned out to be a hoot and I love her. So much so I am taking her class again next semester. (A/P 2) I have met some cool people in the class I enjoy and have become friends with.

As far as training goes, my hip still hurts but I am trying to run. I have also started doing bootcamp at the YMCA every morning at 5:45 to sort of kick start me back into regular training. I figure it will get me into the habit of early morning work-outs since I have no time in the afternoons to train with school, work, and kids taking up the day.

I swam my first mile a few weeks ago (With breaks..can't do a solid mile yet). My kids are on the swim team this winter and I was going swimming on the days they swim cause I was there anyway but there is ONE lane open for free swim during practice and 6 people swimming circles in that lane so I am trying to go after work twice a week and then on sat. or sun. The weekdays are hard and sometim es I get there and sometimes I don't. After bootcamp is over in seven weeks..maybe I will re-join the masters swim program and swim in the morning at 5am. (Whew) I have to do it if I ever plan to REALLY swim a mile. Can't take breaks in the ocean or lake. I saw Lana talking about how much fun she had during the swim and I shudder. maybe someday I will feel the same way. I have to admit I am finally enjoying my swims somewhat but I can't say I would if I had to swim 2 miles while being kicked in the face. She's a freak of nature!!


Bailey in his warm-ups
This is Bailey standing between two of the biggest 11 year olds in the history of 11 year olds. Bailey is considered to be on the average/larger category of the growth charts if that tells you anything. What did they feed these kids anyway? He had to swim against them and was not happy.

Bailey about to start the race


Again.. Massive kids. Maybe I should get Bailey some protein shakes. Something. I never considered him to be scrawny till this day.


Connor on the other hand...He's just a skinny kid and will always be. He will never have to worry about a weight problem other than trying to put some on. He takes after my side of the family and looks just like my brother at that age. My brother can still eat his weight in food and not gain an ounce. Connor about to start his race

No comments: