Thursday, December 28, 2006


Today I ran for 3.1 miles in the neighborhood. Little 5k course I have mapped out when I need a quickly. I did it in 28 mins.,which sucks but I wasn't trying to show off or anything. Just run a little and de-stress. This year I hope to hit a 24 something 5k or better. I won't be looking for a time like that till the end of the summer, but it'll happen. My time this past summer was 25:56. That was with Melissa ( Wonder Woman)on my ass the whole time, though. I love running with her because she always challenges me. We are pretty competitive..but it's fun. No other running partner would ever take me up on any race or challenge, but she ain't scared. That's good for me! We don't worry about hurting each other's feelings or getting P.O.'d or anything. It's just for fun! Well, I guess I do get a little mad or frustrated when she stomps me, but that just makes me work harder the next time.

I tried to go to do the free trial at Excel last night. The guys at the office didn't think they were meeting so I winged it at Maryland Farms on my own. (Well, I took my kids and they tried to help). What a disaster THAT was. I couldn't make it across the pool even one time, and I am supposedly in good shape! This is quite distressing to me to say the least. I ended up getting a kick board and working out my arms and legs to try to build some strength. My arms felt like I had been lifting weights after two laps. Some swimmers I have talked to compare it to running. I remember when I first started I couldn't make it from one mail box to the next, but now I run miles. They say it's like that. Before I know it, I will be swimming lap after lap. After last night's performance though, I am having serious doubts that I will EVER swim decently. My fornm is terrible, and I can't breathe without sucking up a bunch a water. DANG!

No comments: